Rhonda S. Cornell, DPM
Dr. Rhonda Cornell received her doctorate from the Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine in Philadelphia, PA. She earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology, with a minor in both Chemistry and Spanish in the Health Professions from St. John Fisher College, Rochester NY.
Dr. Cornell completed her 3-year surgical training at the Washington Hospital Center Podiatric Surgery program in Washington DC, with an emphasis on both reconstructive foot and ankle surgery as well as diabetic limb salvage. She then went on to complete a 1-year fellowship in Diabetic Limb Salvage at Georgetown University Hospital in Washington, DC.
Dr. Cornell is board qualified in Foot and Ankle Surgery by the American Board of Podiatric Surgery.
Dr. Cornell is certified in Hyperbaric Oxygen Medicine, wound care and Pinpointe laser treatment. She is on staff at Delaware County Memorial Hospital and Wound Care Center, and currently participates in training Podiatric Surgical Residents at the Crozer Keystone Surgical Residency Training Program. She is also on staff at Bryn Mawr and Lankenau Hospitals.
Dr. Cornell has also published several articles and poster presentations, some of which are listed below:
- Cornell RS, et al. Debridement of the Non-Infected Wound. JAPMA/JVS, special edition. 2010.
- Cornell RS, et al. Painful Diabetic Neuropathy. Clin Podiatr Med Surg. 2008 July; 25(3): 347-360.
- Cornell R, et al. Below-knee Amputation versus Limb Salvage in the Patient with Diabetes and Renal Failure: Are the Rules Different for this Patient Population? Podiatry Management, November 2009.
- Cornell R, et al. Eczematous Eruptions in the Pedal Skin. Podiatry Today, April 2009.
- Cornell R. The Role of Biofilm in Diabetic Foot Wounds. Podiatry Today, April 2010.
- Cornell R, et al. Wound Debridement Using a Novel Indicator Technique. Podiatry Management, August 2010.
- Cornell R, et al. Silver In Wound Care: What You Should Know. Podiatry Today, August 2010.
- Cornell R, et al. Retrospective Evaluation of Plasma Radiofrequency-Based Debridement for Treatment of Diabetic Foot Ulcers. Poster presentation, APMA Scientific conference 2010, Seattle, Washington.
- Cornell R, et al. The K-Modification for Lesser Metatarsal Osteotomies. Poster presentation, ACFAS conference 2009, Washington, DC.
- Cornell RS, et al. The Use of Candida in the Treatment of Verrucae Plantaris. Poster presentation, APMA Scientific Conference 2008, Honolulu, HI.